Aside from the GG&G AR15 Vertical Grip, another retro eBay bargain which L119A2 builders have been indulging in, is the GG&G Accucam QD Aimpoint T1 Mount with Integral Lens Covers.
I think I’m right in saying this particular mount has been discontinued by GG&G, since it no longer appears on their website.
It’s not a new design. As can be seen from its cantilever format, it’s from an age before continuous top rails were common. Back then, it was a way of squeezing an optic, magnifier and rear BUIS on to a flat top upper receiver.
Given that the L119A2 has a monolithic top rail – an improvement over continuous ones, as there’s no join between hand guard and upper receiver – use of the GG&G is more likely an overhang from the L119A1 era.
Age notwithstanding, it’s a great mount with a decent QD system; and – something the T1 really does benefit from – Butler Creek flip-up lens covers.
The front cover is a tight push-fit and it’s possible to sandwich some lens protection between it and the T1’s subjective lens, if required.
More articles relating to the L119A2:
- The Comprehensive UKSF (SAS/SBS) L119A2 Parts and Accessories List
- The original L119A2 primer, here
- GG&G AR15 vertical fore-grip in use here
- Magpul QDM and ASAP QD in use here
- 15.7″ L119A2 upper in use here
- Surefire FA556SA Suppressor here
- GG&G Aimpoint T1 mount in use here
- Magpul MS3 sling in use here
- Magpul ACS stock in use here
- Colt Canada parts – as used on the L119A2 – here
- Manta Very Low Profile Rail Covers as used on the L119A2 here
- UKSF Newcastle raid pics part 1
- UKSF Newcastle raid pics part 2
- UKSF Nairobi Kenya incident L119A2 parts breakdown here
- UKSF Belize ‘Jungle Set-up’ L119A2 parts breakdown here
- Confirmation bias (and the HSP Thorntail offset light mount) here
- UKSF Ecosystem: S&S Precision Sling Clip – Old Gen – here
- Inforce WML-type lights in use here